You've been using your PhaseByte deskmat for a few months now and might be noticing some tracking issues. It could be due to accidentally spilling something or all the snacks someone's been eating while gaming like a pro. ACE! No matter what caused the deskmat to be dirty, cleaning it will bring it back to life. Here are two simple methods to clean your deskmat.
Hands-on Method (DIY Method)
The below method is a simple technique and has been tried and tested to keep your deskmat clean. All you need to do is:
- Fill sink or bath with warm water and soap, either dish or hand
- Take dirty deskmat and place a corner into water
- Using a sponge, scrub the deskmat lightly (a bit more pressure will be needed for the stains)
- Make sure your soap isn't too strong. If you don't see any color bleeding, go ahead and submerge the rest of the deskmat
- Rinse the deskmat thoroughly, making sure there's no suds left
- Make sure to shake off as much water as possible before laying it down on a towel, cloth side down
- After a few hours, the deskmat is ready for use! (for optimal results, wait at least 24 hours, we recommend using your second PhaseByte deskmat in the meantime)
That's all it takes! A simple way to restore the artistry of your deskmat.
We understand that you may not have the time to go through the DIY Method, so to answer your next question...
Yes, all PhaseByte deskmats are machine washable. Here's what you need to do:
- Place the deskmat into the washing machine
- Add a few drops of soap or regular detergent
- Set the washing machine to cold and low tumble (do not use hot water!)
- Air dry once taken out of the washing machine (for optimal results, wait at least 24 hours, we recommend using your second PhaseByte deskmat in the meantime)
Both methods will give similar results, but we prefer handwashing. We recommend not cleaning the deskmat too often, just when it is dirty.